After a few outings in the Jeep, its become quite apparent how critical it is to have the right recovery equipment. One friend just slid sideways in the snow into the mountain, one popped a tire off the bead from a tree stump in the mountain, and even out in the middle of the sand dunes, I had to winch my friends RZR up a good 80′ dune after hitting a witches eye.
I have started building up my gear collection and I am listing the components here for easy reference.
- Warn Zeon 10-S Winch – 10,000 Pounds
- Factor 55 ProLink – 16,000 Pounds
- Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead
- WARN Snatch Block – 12,000 Pounds
- Gator-Jaw PRO Soft Shackles – 52,300 Pounds
- ARB Tree Saver – 26,500 Pounds
- Bubba Rope Recovery Rope – 7/8 x 30ft – 28,600 Pounds
- Factor 55 Hitchlink 2.0 (Jeep) – 9500 Pounds
- Factor 55 Hitchlink 2.5 (F-250) – 18,000 Pounds
- 7/8″ Galvanized Steel Shackle (F-250) – WLL 6.5T